THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our new TD category is...

"Lamb: Bone In!
"

1554037_Phrasty.jpg

This was Phrasty's winning entry in the 2011 "Lamb" Throwdown!

As chosen by Buccaneer for winning the "Whole Chicken!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

buccaneer said:
I'm thinking lamb. bone-in.
Must include a fork shot and a plated shot, your choice of any pic for the entry shot.
Buccs
Hmmm. Not one, but TWO special rules. Time to stock up on Dilly Bars! Woo-hoo! :whoo:
You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/27 through Sunday 7/6.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 7/7.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Good luck to You All!
I won't partecipate! I hate lamb flavour in my kettles/WSM. I spent almost an year to get a fantastic perfume and I don't want to lose it.
I tried once and I had to burnt 2 times x2 lit chimneys in my WSM To remove lamb stink.
Next time, if not lamb, i'll be in.
Good luck All!

Just a heads up Brothers....

:blah:

The Aussie Lamb Farker is not gonna enter this one. I'm not saying for one second that I'd win if I entered (unless I burnt it), but I am saying I am LOOKING and further awards await whether you win this Throwdown or not.

To be honest, I'm trying to perfect my Brussels Sprouts that I'm cooking this week, and my 17 year old son decided on his own to put my bone in leg of lamb into the "oven" at 6pm tonight at 110C, dusted with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express then rubbed further with SBR Hickory and Brown Sugar Sauce...oh and he also planted little trees of fresh rosemary across the landscape of the anterior aspect of the leg.

It's looking fairly original.:loco:

However, being the empowering Dad I am I have backed him up with serious positive reinforcement. I've bumped up the temp and pulled out the Rosemary saying "It's done it's job. Smells AWESOME".

It's now resting and gravy is on the way.

But there goes my entry.

So Farkers, go buy some lamb WITH A BONE IN IT, preferably a shank even if it is one or two only so that you blokes can BBQ it, enter it and taste it without it costing you too much if you're not sure if you like lamb.

Give it a CRACK, as we say in Australia. And that is related to our droving history that is not too dissimilar to American history of driving cattle and buffalo, where a good crack of the whip would get things moving.

Have a Crack..

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited:
I'm surprised at the lack of entries?

I think if I ever win the right to choose again, and seeing how the latest TD is rolling that may never happen.... I had better stick to whacky rules!:oops:

Would love to be able to play but it's not possible this week. Haven't cooked lamb for a while so would have loved to join in. Nothing wrong with the theme, just a timing issue for me. Could be an issue for others, maybe some of the lamb lovers are on holidays, tagging it on to a long weekend with the 4th of July. If I can do something quick I will keep it in mind, gotta eat, right?

On edit: I had no idea tomorrow was the last day before I wrote the above. :doh:

Last edited:
I had thought about entering, but wife's not a fan of lamb, and I couldn't find any nice cuts at the store. Had to pass. Maybe next time I see some good cuts, I'll try it without a TD...

Yeah... My wife won't eat lamb either, and I cook for the TDs if it fits into our weekly menus, or if I can cook on a night when she works, and that didn't happen with this TD.

Also, lamb is very expensive in the US, so it's less likely that a lot of folks will cook lamb.

But, I figured we'd see more than one entry. Hopefully there are some in process that will be posted this evening!

I'm surprised at the lack of entries?

I think if I ever win the right to choose again, and seeing how the latest TD is rolling that may never happen.... I had better stick to whacky rules!:oops:

Timing is probably hurting this TD. This is a BIG holiday weekend in "Merca." People had their holiday cooks planned long in advance, and lamb is not a popular 4th of July protein.

CD

For those planning on entering this TD, please pay attention to the Special Rules specified by Bucc in the first post...

buccaneer said:
I'm thinking lamb. bone-in.
Must include a fork shot and a plated shot, your choice of any pic for the entry shot.
Buccs

I added the bold to make sure that you saw it :-D

Back