Pitmaster T - Rolling Thunder...Q

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
If you have been following my summer you know I bought an MKT. The thread for that is here.

But there were a lot of what if's and frankly, for some smaller catering jobs, the MKT is too big.... and what about sanitation?

I have six burners (all run off regular diesel). I can see using up to 4 at a time.... and what if I wanted to do a simple griddle job without the MKT... what I needed was a cart.

In this way I can either set up the cart OFF of my MKT for large sanitation jobs therefore bringing two of the three "sinks" or TUBS to proper temp with the third being the chlorine solution.

But mostly I wanted to be able to roll a cart with a griddle on it and have it be modular where all the parts individually were relatively light.

Here it is.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1OGZ5R_l_k"]Pitmaster Introduces - The Rolling Thunder.... Q - YouTube[/ame]

Needs Bigger Casters.......

I have bigger ones.... but 250 lbs each seemed like enough.. But I can see if I wanted to roll across grass. They are rubber wheels too.

Expand on your thoughts though cuz the next one is for my rolling three bay bar sink. THAT I think i need big ones for because of the weight - not of the sink... but the water.

this video is very odd.....

SNIKIES>>>>>> I just realized what Bounds and Leech were talking about....

ALL of the instructional titles are GONE!

These would be the ones explaining, "start with angle iron made from bed rails," Weld together this box... this shelf is for the converter," "now with this finished I can roll these two parts which came from the MKT around either with the MKT on the side, or without the MKT at all."

I cannot find it on my hard drive. WTF?

The diameter of the caster will be more significant than the capacity. A larger caster of the same capacity will roll much easier and won't tend to get stuck on every little pebble. Don't mean to overstate the obvious. It will be much more important when trying to move sinks with water or fryers with warm oil.

Love the funk...keep it coming.
Randy

ps Gilhooleys Rocks

The diameter of the caster will be more significant than the capacity. A larger caster of the same capacity will roll much easier and won't tend to get stuck on every little pebble. Don't mean to overstate the obvious. It will be much more important when trying to move sinks with water or fryers with warm oil.

Love the funk...keep it coming.
Randy

ps Gilhooleys Rocks

I was being cheap and I KNOW you and the other guy are correct. I am going to trade in my second set of undersized wheels and get much bigger ones... Like a 5.... still like the rubber though. There were several problems... one was, you're right.... cracks and pebbles suck..... the other was... they were hard to lock.

Bigger ones go on the Three Bay sink roller cart.... should be through in a few days.

If I like them, I will cut off these wheel and reweld new ones on.

I have to go back and see what size I put on the rolling deep fryer.

When Marty is Right... Marty is right!

Found the right "finished" video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W_WhRoU2d4&feature=youtu.be"]Pitmaster Builds - The Rolling ThunderQ - YouTube[/ame]

Back