View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #5
armyguygrillin
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Yeah I am really liking this thing now. At first, I couldn't get it to smoke at all. It was burning up the wood in the tray way too hot for it to smoke. Then I started putting chunks in with the lump, I covered the drip hole with foil since I never get anything going down there anyways, and I shut the top lid all but a 1/4 open. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Just to show how efficient this thing is, I smoked some ribs on it yesterday. Lit the thing up around noon. Threw the ribs on at 1 when it was at 225 and smoking. Kept it at 225 for the whole 3.5 hour cook. The lump stack was about 3/4 full when I started. After the cook I think I unplugged the guru and that was it. Didn't shut the valve or the smoke stack. When I went out there today at 130pm, there was still burning lump in the stack(not much) and the temp was still at 150 degrees 24 hours later. Pretty Damn impressive. Cool thing is I just set the guru to 150, added some more wood chunks and lump, and threw the jerky in there. Didn't have to wait for a warm up..lol
armyguygrillin is offline   Reply With Quote