Brisket rub clumping up
So it seems that every time, no fail, I cook a brisket, when I go to slice it, the rub ends up clumping up. I have no idea why.
- Rub at least an hour before putting on the cooker fat side down (UDS cooker)
- Wrap tight in foil after 4 hours until done
- Vent for 15-20 minutes, then cambro. SOmetimes in cambro for 3-4 hours
Possible solutions that i would like feedback on:
1. Rub right after injecting, wrap in plastic wrap and back in cooler
2. Cook fat side up for a half the time to firm up the rub before wrapping
3. Anything else that might work?
I look at BBQcritic.com and see all the brisket with a real clean cut edge. Mine has rub all over it.
THese are my last 2 boxes.
Chief cook for P B & j's BBQ Team/Dubbed "Skippy" By the legendary Mike Davis