View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #11945
Grimm5577
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
The BP makes such the perfect grill in so many ways. It's a heater, food warmer, wind don't affect the coals or food. More coals it sears, less it grills...the coals last longer, it burns clean/efficient. I can't say enough good things about how this drum works. Nothing against all the beautiful UDS's out there but i'm glad i did the BPS for it's functionality.
I've only cooked on it twice so far but I am definitely very fond of it. I can see it easily becoming the go to cooker for anything. I am still debating adding in some holes around the top to put rebar to hang meats, also tempted to add another rack position, I'm picking up a used 22.5" OTG tonight so I'll have a spare lid that I could use to get some added height. But want to get a feel for it before i go and screw with it.

I got the ash catcher with it, and I find it to be clumsy, i can't pull the basket out with out tilting the ash catcher around the thermometer stem, dumping ash into the drum. So I'm using the inner bottom of an old ECB as an ash catcher, works well so far.

Brinkman Trailmaster, WSM, BPS UDS, Smokin-it #2, 3x 22.5" Weber OTGs, Weber S330, Pizza Kettle, Rotisserie Collar, A-Maze-N Smoker, Thermapen,
Grimm5577 is offline   Reply With Quote