View Single Post
Unread 05-28-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Having done both for fund raisers, there are pros and cons for both, of course. We usually ended up doing pulled pork, as that was very popular in IL and our fire department did a chicken dinner a couple of times per year. Is there a favorite in your area? How well known is pulled pork? I grew up not to terribly far from you in the Ark-La-Tex and never heard of pulled pork,but that was many moons ago.

All things being equal wrt popularity, I'd lean towards pork for the ease of holding, if nothing else. Also, if there are leftovers, pulled pork can be sold by the bag and frozen well, too.

One last thought, how are prices for chicken and pork there? Is either a clear winner on price? I'm guessing you've already thought of that, but thought I'd mention it, because sometimes the obvious escapes us.

If you really want pork, tell them if you choose chicken over pork, the Muslims and/or Jews win. I kid, I kid.

God bless the planning and the event. May there be a spirit of cooperation and unity, as well as a successful raising of funds.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->