THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
I roasted a chicken whole on the rotisserie the other day and it came out really nice and juicy. It was seasoned with Yardbird and the cavity was stuffed with fresh Rosemary and whole garlic cloves.

Since there is a throwdown going on involving a crock pot, I put the carcass and leftovers in the pot with onions, carrots, and water. Set it on low and went to bed. I was happy to wake up to the delightfull aroma of chicken broth in the morning.

I let is steep all day and the removed the bones

Thickened the stock with cornstarch, added white mushrooms and baked my little pastry cups. Here is the plated final product served with Frites!

Thanks for lookin

Lookin' good, Jed! If you make up a batch with no shrooms, I'll take a large order to go :wink:

The shrooms make it magic!
I bet they do :wink:

images

I don't like shrooms either but you put that plate in front of me and those are getting in my belly right quick. We'll call it collateral damage. Sweet meal Jed. :thumb:

I'll have seconds, please! :thumb:

But...

Vol-au-vent aux blancs de poulet ala Crock Pot!

Should that be...

Vol-au-vent aux blancs de poulet ala Pot du Crock?

:becky:

I could see doing something like this for breakfast. Use the stock and make some good thick gravy, add the chicken and serve it over fresh biscuits... yummy.

It really does look delicious the way that it is though.. just not a fan of shroms. :wink:

Back