View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #14
va_connoisseur
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Why not help him understand where he is violating health codes or breaking the law. He may not be aware. That's part of eduction as much as helping with costs, how much to cook, etc.
I agree with you Ron. This forum has helped me make the decision to throw my hat in the ring as a caterer.

I am just starting out, have not done any advertising yet, because I did want to learn how to do it the right way but there are times when people on this forum make it seem so daunting that it discourages people.

For me, this forum is helpful and I think if people provide honest insight about the ups and downs of catering then we all are better for it. And the truth is that when my cigar buddies ask me to "cater" an event for them, it's because (1) they trust me, (2) they like my food and (3) they want to help me succeed. And probably they would rather have me there to hang out with around the smoker than a stuffy, non-involved person.

Some of us have no desire to open a B&M, this is a hobby for us and we get all the legal/health stuff taken care of as protection but it's not going to replace our 9to5.
[LIST][*]250 gallon, custom reverse flow smoker with warming cabinet aka Hawg Coffin[*]120 gallon reverse flow aka Hog Coffin (retired)[*] 22 and 18.5 WSM[*]Known as Spatulaman[*]Owner of Plate BBQ LLC[/LIST]
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->