Originally Posted by Smoke House Moe
Doing a graduation in four weeks and they wanted wings for 100 people, plus the pulled pork and sides.
- how many wings = a serving? RD carries the big party wings. $9.49 for 5lb.
- what is the loss of weight when cooking?
- a good dry rub recipe? I usualy do the Chris Lilly Apricot wings, but they are requesting dry rub.
- Are fresh wings from a butcher or other source a better value?
Thanks for any help.
5-7 wings should suffice per person....are the wings an app or main meat?
* separate at joints and save the tips for stock.
* rinse and pat dry wings
* season with salt, pepper, garlic pwd...paprika for color
* set on rack on baking sheet to dry over night
* i'd smoke these for an hour or so, then finish on high heat grill
* serve sauce on the side, bbq, hot sau/butter mix, blue cheese...