View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 10:19 AM   #47
loomis1228
Got Wood.

Hey Lantern,

Buddy, I had the same issue for a long time. I am, in no way, implying anything with this next comment but please know that I am only writing from personal experience.

Over the past 10 years, I've probably picked up about 25lbs and my indigestion/GERD/heart burn have increased 10 fold. I would find myself in the middle of the night jumping out of bed because the acid coming up into my throat and feeling like the world was about to burst into flames. It got so bad that one time in the middle of the night the only thing that I could find in my house that would help neutralize the acid was baking soda and water. It would go down but the bubbling would come out like lava and I would find myself vomiting into the sink.

I thought that the combination of OTC Prilosec (generic) in the morning and an alka-seltzer before bed was a pretty good combination. I still woke up some nights with reflux and I was at my breaking point. I finally saw my doctor and told him about these problems (also the fact that my esophogus was so damaged that I could literally retrieve whatever I had just eaten by squeezing my throat muscles). Things were getting very damaged and I was getting very scared of esophegial cancer.

My doctor prescribed Protonix for me and I have been taking it for the last month. This medicine in the generic form is about $8 for 90 days worth. This has been a game changer. I haven't had heart burn for about 3 weeks. It will take about a week or so to start working properly.

I have also started moving and exercising. I have dropped a few pounds and have a ways to go. With that being said, speak to your doctor. If you don't have a doctor, have a full work up and ask for the medicine. Get active if you aren't and start enjoying your life more (and with a little moderation!). Good luck.

Jesse
loomis1228 is offline   Reply With Quote