Thread: Smoke On KC!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 09:22 AM   #14
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quite the experience this weekend. One that most people in this world won't ever get a chance to experience as far as I am concerned. The coming together of a brotherhood to mourn, and clebrate the life of, a fallen brother. Then the trip all over to spend time with more brothers. I know for a fact that the whole hurried weekend has hepled me as well as others to push through and get on with our lives as KC would have wanted.

My flag has been at half mast and will go back up today. On Friday for the bash the flag will come back down to half mast as the brethren roll into town. On Saturday at some time, we will plant a cherry tree in my yard followed by raising the flag back to full mast at which time I will swap out the flag with the larger one that I just got for my flag pole. I will then try to get a flag pole for competitions that the smaller 3 x 5 will fly on.

It was wonderful to meet all of the brothers these past few days and share this time with all of them. I'll see some of you this weekend as you make the trek toward my house, and I'll probably see the rest of you next year as the fall midwest bash gets moved further south.

Good food, good drinks, and good fellowship that was shared this weekend is what the Bbq-brethren is all about.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote