View Single Post
Unread 09-07-2006, 11:50 PM   #140
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC
'Dog, that's probably the reason Scott and I never teamed up. He wanted to organize meticulously and I wanted to jump in with both feet. I'm detail oriented most of the time but I was in too big of a rush for Scott. He definitely had his one time table, didn't he? One of his good qualities!
Scott came down and cooked our first KCBS event with us.......we anyalized for weeks before the contest via PMs and emails, and we had never even met until the day he pulled up in his pickup with cooker in the back end. We dabbled in some combinations of sauces, came up with one we agreed on, did our cooking thing and turned it in.....3rd place pork and 2nd place brisket (I think that's right, Scott always corrected me) first time out of the gate. He was hooked, but always wanted to be the best that he could be. So if he didn't cook with you, it was probably because of himself and not who he was to cook with.

Let me say this as well.....I cook briskets at the competitons, but I don't cook briskets...KC cooks the briskets, as he has taught me everything I know about cooking a brisket. Before our first contest, I had cooked exactly one brisket. Hours upon hours of conversation. Ain't a thing I could change that could make a difference, so I don't....sometimes I hit the top ten, sometimes I don't...but that's brisket cooking!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote