View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #16
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

This entry replaces my previous entry in the Spirited Cookin' TD.

So for the North Texas Brethren Bash yesterday, I wanted to cook something different. A while back I posted up a thread asking for suggestions and 16Adams suggested a chocolate bourbon pecan pie. I thought that sounded great but Tasha doesn't eat chocolate, so I decided on a regular ol' bourbon pecan pie.

I prepared the ingredients except the butter and eggs on Thursday night and sealed it up in a vacuum bag.

The lineup w/o the eggs or butter:

Getting mixed up and havin' a drink!

All ready to go in with the camping gear.

That little bag sat restfully until about 4pm yesterday. I rolled out a Pillsbury pie crust into a pie pan. This was a 3 person job in the 25-35 mph winds we were dealing with.

I stirred in a few eggs and a few TBSP of butter and viola!

Pecan pie ready to go on Colt!

We were smoking some briskets with pecan wood and threw the pie on the top shelf. I didn't get any shots of it in the cooker since we were already in and out of the cooker so much the briskets were having trouble finishing. But I got 10 other Brethren and their families to vouch for me

About 40 minutes later, this beauty came out! Please use the shot below as my entry pic...

Here it is half eaten...

This thing went fast and the pan was scraped clean!

Will do again!

Thanks for looking!

- Earl - My Custom Vertical Offset Smoker by AJ's Custom Cookers (build link)
- Colt - Superior SS-2 w/ DigiQ DXII- Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
- Weber Kettle 22.5 OTG w/ Craycort Cast Iron Grates
- Major - Mini WSM (from SJS)

Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller! (Certificate of Authenticity) / Join the fun in the Throwdowns!
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->