View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #92
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

As many of you know, earlier this year I had the opportunity to drive to KC to pick up my BYC. Even before that, Thillin had introduced me to the BYC and KCquer dropped me a pm offering hsi services. I graciously accepsted and asked if he would swing and check it out for me. His report was on the money and very accurate.

When I got to KC, Scott met me and my friend at the house to help load the BYC. I gave him a dozen fresh NY bagels and a set of chimes for his wife. He was very helpful and excited about smoking. He even gave me a few samples of some rubs and sauces. Great guy. We talked a bit and I knew he had some occaisional logger heads with some of the folks here, but he always stressed that this was the community to belong to for smoking.

Death is inevitable. And yet we are always so shocked when it happens. It is never the one dying that suffers but those of us left behind being selfish about not having more time with the person. KCquer is now in the place with good K, the freshest cuts, and the biggest assed smoker around. Burn a log and smoke a fatty for KCquer, then go and talk to you family and friends and especially those you're not so friendly with and tell them how you feel about them. Whether kidney failure or a sting ray spine in the heart, we are all here for only a blink in time. God Bless. Scott
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote