I've read the first 50 pages of this thread and intend to read the rest. However, I'm excited to get started and have a couple of questions.
1. I have a barrel that had spinach puree baby food in it and it has a rust colored paint inside. Do I have to get it down to bare metal for it to work?
2. To burn it out, how much wood do I use (quarter full, half full, etc)?
3. Do I drill the intake holes before I burn it out?
4. How many burns does it take to get the paint off?
5. I plan on using 4 3/4 inch ball valves for intake. Is this overkill?
I apologize if these questions were answered in one of the 700 other pages that I haven't read, I'm just so excited to get started.