View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #19
Full Fledged Farker

Originally Posted by Dale Nichols View Post
Mike, ... and when I use water my temps are much harder to get over 250 compared to with out. I also think the air leaks play a big part also and once they are sealed up with gunk I know it will help. Being insulated I am going to rule the weather out at 38 degrees because you can always lay your hand on them and not burn yourself when they are cooking so the heat in there stays in there. I am with ggee on this one.

You are right, the use of water was the problem, and the the extra click to tighten the door seems to be the right right move too. I tested the door a couple of time s few minutes ago and it now has a bit us cushion when I close it, and it closed with a hardier click as it slams shut. I am going to leave the door adjustment as is, and see how the next cook goes.

I brought ribs in to work to share with friends and co-workers for which I received high praise. They turned out good, but I feel I can do better!

Let's talk weather. Yesterday a cold hard rain that turned to snow. Today a clear sky and temps at 70. Hmmm.... I think it's a conspiracy! Just kidding!
Michael and Cathy
LG and XL BGE's
LS Insulated Cabinet Smoker
Lonely Charbroil Infrared Gasser and Quick Read Thermapen
Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller!
mikes1212 is offline   Reply With Quote