View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #9
is one Smokin' Farker
Join Date: 09-03-12
Location: GRETNA

I think you are referring to the pieces that are pulled from the horn muscle. I've always just called them chunks.

The horn is on the lower end of the butt, on the fat cap side of the blade bone. It starts maybe 2 1/2" diameter and then turns along the bone and tapers down (like a horn, obviously). It is a good place to pull chunks because you have good bark on the end and can get several good uniform pieces from that muscle.

Tubes are at the other end, just below the MM.
Mike Chief Cook - When Pigs Die CBJ - KCBS
MikeJ65 is offline   Reply With Quote