Thread: First pizza
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 05:08 AM   #20
ebijack
is One Chatty Farker

For me there is no comparison. I don't go straight to the grate due to the bottom burns before the toppings get cooked the way I cook the pies. For me the toppings have to take on the cooked on a grill flavor also. So I use the aired pizza pan. I also cook at higher temps like my Acorn can get and other kamado's. Typical wood fired pizza ovens are in the 800+ deg range. I prefer using my UDS vs my Acorn. It is just another experiment that I'm playing with. I have cooked pies at lower temps and they came out good. I try the high temp stuff because I can. Each time I learn a bit more. I never stop experimenting. After all it is a hobby.
I don't about your area, but some of the best pizza places around me also sell there's uncooked besides the dough, which is a great way to compare the end results. When you don't have the time to make your own.

Michigan Custom 'Que Team
ebijack is offline   Reply With Quote