View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #47
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

So I had a chance to play with the wGrill and here are my thoughts compared to version 1.

The build quality is much nicer on version 2 and it feels much more solid compared to version 1. The body of the unit appears to be machine crafted unlike version 1 where the probe holes were cut manually. On version 1 the input for the probes fell inside of the unit because the holes cut for it were done by hand, this problem seems to be fixed now with the properly machined holes. Essentially everything feels well put together and thought out when compared to the first incarnation.

I was also able to connect directly to the wGrill from my Acer laptop, I was not able to with version 1. On version 2 I was able to bring up the graph on Firefox but for some reason Internet Explorer did not render the graph but I was able to see the buttons.

Now I was able to get to the admin page on the wGrill but I was unsuccessful in getting it to connect to my router. These are the settings I used:

When I hit save the wGrill resets itself but the ‘Link’ light never turns back on and im unable to connect to it through the router.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote