View Single Post
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #16
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Please accept this as my official entry to the "Gettin' Fed in the Med" Throwdown.

For years, it has been in front of me the whole time...waiting for this TD!

9.5 years ago, we were given a Williams Sonoma: Florence cookbook for a wedding present. It has only been used for table decoration since then, never for the recipes contained inside. Until today...

May I present, Smoked and Brasied Beef Short Ribs, Florentine Style.

This was a variation of the ossobuco recipe they had and figured beef short ribs would be a fun substitute since I got this HUGE plate of ribs yesterday.

I smoked the ribs for e few hours then tossed them in the foil pan with 2 onions, 2 carrots, 3 stalks of celery, 4 canned whole roma tomatoes chopped into chunks with 1 about 1-1.5 cups of red wine. Foiled it up and braised it until the ribs were fork tender. then I chunked up the beef and served it with mashed potatoes and a mixed green salad.

This is the fat SOB I put in to braise!!!

My polling pic is below:

This was pretty damn delicious and even Tyler thought so! He cleaned his damn plate...except for the taters!

- Earl - My Custom Vertical Offset Smoker by AJ's Custom Cookers (build link)
- Colt - Superior SS-2 w/ DigiQ DXII- Courtesy of Gainesville Jaycees and Superior Smokers
- Weber Kettle 22.5 OTG w/ Craycort Cast Iron Grates
- Major - Mini WSM (from SJS)

Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller! (Certificate of Authenticity) / Join the fun in the Throwdowns!
peeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->