View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #33
bshell7
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Next chapter...

So I get a call last night from Pete. He said he needed exact measurements of the door because sometimes they use 10ga and sometimes 11ga? He explained that the difference would be up to 1/4inch on both sides. I didn't argue despite knowing this wasn't true...the difference is less than .4mm or .8mm if you figure one on each side of the opening. No where near enough to make a difference. He could have just said he we custom build these and they vary slightly...what is your actual door size.

http://www.custompartnet.com/sheet-metal-gauge

So I gave him the exact measurements of the door and the actual opening. Then he asks me how I plan on filling in the hole. What hole? The one of the other intake vent? I'll just leave it closed since it will be against the wall.

He says no where the door is! I have no idea what they think I'm trying to accomplish but to Pete i was trying to cut a new hole in the side of the firebox and put a second door on.

I finally got him to understand that all i needed was to cut one hinge off and the old door will slide right off. Please send me the new door and the hinges (not attached) and we will make sure it is lined up and weld the hinges on ourselves. I think he understood by the time we hung up.

Waiting to see what I get when they finally send this out. Another week goes by... Was planning on mounting it in the trailer next week but guess I'm waiting for now.
Pitmaker Sniper Magnum
Large BGE
DCS 36in gasser
Thermapen Camo
Fire Pit BBQ Team
bshell7 is offline   Reply With Quote