View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #28
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podge View Post
I works over it's own wifi on the cyberQ. One MAJOR FLAW with the cyberQ, is that it hardly wants to transmit when it's close to metal. Yes, I know, all pits are made of metal, and this thing needs to be close to the pit out of nature of a guru, so I hope Guru gets this issue worked out. I have my smoker outside, and I have my Ipad in the fifth wheel, so since there's a ton of interference to the guru->Ipad, I have a router in my trailer, and my I.T. guy set it up for me.

I've heard that Guru has made some improvements in the cyberQ over the past year, but I don't know what those are. Basically, if you can get the CyberQ to connect to the Ipad, then the cybercook program will work.
Thanks... That's perfect. Some of the other CyberQ apps out there only work with a live internet connection, which as you know, isn't possible at most competitions.

I've noticed that issue with my CyberQ, too, but unless the Guru folks are willing to replace mine with one that is updated I'll probably put an access point in the trailer. I have a spare Linksys laying around upstairs.

The Naked Fatty!

Chicago Area Summer Gathering Planning is under way!

Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote