View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #25
Podge
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Yeah, true, but in a world where most apps are a buck or two, $9.99 seems expensive.

But, if it works as advertised, it looks to be worth it. I like the interface and features and will probably give it a shot, but I do have a question...

Does it require a connection to the Internet or will it work either over a local wifi network (my own access point in the trailer) or in ad hoc mode (iPad and CyberQ only)?

Thanks!
I works over it's own wifi on the cyberQ. One MAJOR FLAW with the cyberQ, is that it hardly wants to transmit when it's close to metal. Yes, I know, all pits are made of metal, and this thing needs to be close to the pit out of nature of a guru, so I hope Guru gets this issue worked out. I have my smoker outside, and I have my Ipad in the fifth wheel, so since there's a ton of interference to the guru->Ipad, I have a router in my trailer, and my I.T. guy set it up for me.

I've heard that Guru has made some improvements in the cyberQ over the past year, but I don't know what those are. Basically, if you can get the CyberQ to connect to the Ipad, then the cybercook program will work.

$9.99 may be a little high compared to the common priced app, but really.. games, etc. run $4.99 on up, and this tool is actually really useful compared to a lot of apps out there that are similarly priced just for entertainment. I first told him he should charge $20, but he didn't want to. Knowing what I know now, I'd pay $20 for it. Also, I know he has put in a lot of time programming this app, and putting up with all my suggestions .. $9.99 is more than fair in my opinion.

Just in the nature of things, there will be a few people who won't like it for whatever reason, but the ones that do, will find it's 10 bucks well spent.

I am looking forward to hear what people think. If you are still on the fence about it, I will be using it all this season too, so if you see me out there, ask me about the program and I'll show it to you.
Podge is offline   Reply With Quote