Thread: WSM OR Akorn?
View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2014, 05:29 AM   #46
ebijack
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

My 2 cents: I've had quite a few Webers over the years and they are great grills/smokers. The Acorn like mentioned can smoke for well over 20 hrs on one load of coals. It can sear at 700+ degrees or go nuclear if your not watching/careful. Easier to clean than a weber IMHO. The Webers sear great but they will not hit the higher temps at least that I have ever been able to get like with the Acorn. And that makes a big difference if your looking to sear at high temps like they do in some of the high end steak restaurants. I can go from starting the coals to 700+ degs in around 30 mins. For me I don't care for the cast iron grate so I made my own grate. Running those high temps burns off any seasoning on cast iron so you have to work around that. The Acorn does great pizza also at high temps. I have a few mod's I've done to mine to make it do what I want it to do. Will it last more than 5 yrs, don't know, don't care. On average I replaced most of my Webers after 5 yrs due to wear and tear ( and a lot of wind and dog damage).
If your interested in reading more about the Acorn users info, I'd suggest you go to John's site. Or about any Kamado.
http://www.kamadoguru.com/

I still prefer my UDS and use it twice as much but for smaller cooks I use the Acorn. And my UDS can run at 700+ degrees also.
ebijack is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->