View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #2
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

WOW that gonna be a lot of cooking. I'll take a stab at it but the numbers may run a little different as pork is king here. Also your probably not going to have a complaint if you ran out of one meat or side like a caterer would. I think your numbers look good except I would probably drop a beef like you suggested. I have never fed the military but something tells me they can eat so maybe 3oz each of pork and beef and with 4 sides you could maybe drop the slaw back to 3oz. For chicken I cook legs and thighs and do like 2/3 drumsticks and 1/3 thighs. For two meats I find that 1pc for 85% of the head count more than enough and as a 3rd meat I figure 1pc for 65-70% of the headcount which overall probably meets the .15# that you are figuring. I'd probably move that a little higher just to be safe as a caterer and not wanting to run out but for you I think your fine. Post some pic's of the prep and stuff that would be awesome to see, that's massive amounts there 7700 people all I can say is WOW