View Single Post
Unread 02-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #20
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfisk View Post
Jed, looks like a pretty good patch to keep the Kamado rockin. Those look like some really jice ribs, of course the cook but I mean they look really meaty before you got started. I'd be interested in your impressions of how you think things are better, worse or just different as you but product. I've already shared the shot of your chicken breast & leg cut with my butcher friend so he can cut me some the next time I do bird.
Hey Dave, Gotta whole new learning curve to deal with here. The ribs were from a very young hog so there was very little meat on the ribs. Ultra lean and hot and fast was not ideal. I have another source that I will try next. Looking for a bigger, fatter, Sow. Had some chops last week from my intended source and Thalia claimed they were the best chops she has ever had in her life! I am thinking this is where I want my nexy rack of ribs to come from! I will keep you posted!
Jed

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG, Omar the WGA, and Sophia my WFO
Member KCBS, FBA, CBJ
Pitmaster at "Sultans of Sting" BBQ Team it's a French thing!
CharredApron is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->