I posted on another thread my short story:
-Basically, I bought a Pitmaker trailer Vault, catering license, website, business cards, minimal equipment, and insurance.
-Secured a spot at two "blossoming" farmers markets. *Large, established markets usually have a waiting list and larger booth fee's or revenue sharing.
- Built a small following of "candied bacon" freaks. *If candied bacon is not on your menu, get it on there.
- Got three catering gigs for the year from the markets.
- promoted the biz through FB and Twitter.
- As of now, I already have three gigs lined up for 2014.
- Small, humble beginnings, but I am on my way.
- 95% of what you need to know is in this Catering thread. The other 5% is what hangs up most people, and that is just doing the steps necessary.
- Good luck and keep us updated