View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #12
Smoke House Moe
On the road to being a farker
Join Date: 09-13-12
Location: Robbinsdale Minnesota

I posted on another thread my short story:

-Basically, I bought a Pitmaker trailer Vault, catering license, website, business cards, minimal equipment, and insurance.
-Secured a spot at two "blossoming" farmers markets. *Large, established markets usually have a waiting list and larger booth fee's or revenue sharing.
- Built a small following of "candied bacon" freaks. *If candied bacon is not on your menu, get it on there.
- Got three catering gigs for the year from the markets.
- promoted the biz through FB and Twitter.
- As of now, I already have three gigs lined up for 2014.

- Small, humble beginnings, but I am on my way.

- 95% of what you need to know is in this Catering thread. The other 5% is what hangs up most people, and that is just doing the steps necessary.

- Good luck and keep us updated
2 - WSM 18.5, 1 - WSM 22.5, and 1 - ECB Smoke n Pit.
Smoke House Moe is offline   Reply With Quote