View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
kcquer
Lives in Spirit

Default Outdoor Pizza Oven (gas grill)

Did pizza tonight for game food (game sucked, pizza was great). I've done pizza's directly on the gasser before by precooking the crust a bit and removing it, flipping it over, putting on the toppings......y'all know the drill.

Tonight I wanted to replicate my oven technique so I put 4 8" x 8" quarry tiles on the grill, with a 15" stone on top. Lit the center burner on low and let it all warm up for 30 mins. About 20 mins before I was ready to cook, I cranked all 3 burners on high and let it all get real hot, 800* according to the grill therm (I have no clue as to the accuracy of this). But it was over 500* I'm sure of that.

Used the parchment paper peel mod to get the pies on to the stone. The pies each cooked in 4 1/2 mins. Got great browning on the top, great crunch to the crust. Worked like a farkin' dream. Great oven spring, the crust rim puffed up like a balloon!

Got the camera out as we were cutting the pizza's and the batteries were dead sorry there's no pics. There aren't many leftovers either.
kcquer is offline   Reply With Quote