View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #59
LMAJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
1.) What make the magical PA Italian Hoagie roll, whomever you choose as the bakery and several were mentioned, so good? What's the magic? Most of these places don't ship and freshness seems to be a crucial key. I have access to some great hoagie rolls here and can get them fresh that day. What's the consensus on that? I was thinking 7"-8" rolls.
I have always heard it is the water... who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
2.) When slicing the rib-eye I'm assuming across the grain and remove all of the outside fat before trimming. I would think a good marbled rib-eye would work fine. So am I on track with the trimming? Also I thought about 3/4 lb of meat per sammie.
We used to slice our beef when it was just a little frozen - on a huge automatic slicer that could take your arm off if you weren't careful. I don't recall it being trimmed to within an inch of it's life, but also don't recall a lot of exterior fat. It was sliced paper thin - which is the only way to go...
1 Large BGE and table - 8/29/12
1 18.5 new to me WSM
Super Fast BLUE and RED Thermapen
1 - The Great Outdoors Smoker Sea Bug cooker
1 - Fantastic hubby - the original Big Al