Unread 02-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #93
ssv3
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Hi All,

This is my first post so please excuse me if this question has already been answered.

I have a new Vision Grill, the kind you can find at Costco. I need some sort of a heat deflector but am not sold on the one that Vision offers. Before I check out all the other commercial options out there, I would like to see if I can come up with an DIY solution.

I have a large piece of 1/4" steel that I could probably shape to fit. Is that a good plan?

Another option is to use stone. I have a bunch of leftover pieces of Travertine and granite from a kitchen remodel. Has anyone tried using either of these materials?

Both the Travertine and granite pieces are 18" tiles which means that they are not very thick. I was thinking of doubling them up to get more thermal mass. Any thoughts on this idea?

Finally, assuming that my plan to use metal or stone is viable, what is the best way to hang the deflector inside the smoker?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bob
Check out http://www.kamadoguru.com/. Plenty of threads and discussions specifically on Vision kamados including DIY deflectors.
Blackstone Griddle 36
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Weber Performer, WSJ, WGA
PBC
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote