View Single Post
Unread 08-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #3
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlin_MacRae
I prefer steaks cooked over mesquite so I do it regularly. It's better to have a lot of meat to cook 'cause you burn a lot of wood for only a few minutes of grilling!...

i meant to say that.. it takes 30--40 minutes to prep the coalbed, then everything is cooked in 3-4 mins... I take Four or five logs, and a chop saw.. and make lots of chunnks.. first i cut 2 inch thick wheels of the logs then split into quarters and burn them down on a chimney of prestarted lump. It speeds think up a little.

Also, so i dont feel guilty, I take advantange of the fire and throw some chicken thighs, breasts and sausages in the chamber for lunches while we eat the steaks.. then ya have an excuse to go back out and tend fire for a little while finishing up the chicken.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote