View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2014, 11:46 PM   #38
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantw View Post
The reason people are buying the thermoworks bluetherm is because thermoworks is an upper end product, I bought an i grill because the thermoworks one was not out yet. I would love to have access to temps when im not home.I dont want a controller. Why anyone buys a bluetooth item is because its super easy to make work. Your idea for wifi is really awsome!! Im goint to try order one soon
If you make point to point connect, wGrill to smart phones directly, it is as simple as iGrill. just search wifi signal of hl-link and connect it, then view in your phone 192.168.0.1 As wGrill has an outer antenna while iGrill uses an built-in antenna, wGrill has longer effect distance than iGrill.

To access wGrill to your home network is easy job too. Then you can view wGrill in all your home area. By adding CAT 5 or repeaters, effective distance can be much bigger

To access wgrill to Internet and to be able viewed worldwide needs a little of I.T. knowledge. Not everyone can do it.

At least WIFI can have much longer distance than bluetooth even though you do not have any I.T. knowledge
woodpelletsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote