View Single Post
Unread 02-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #10
bproffer
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I was asked to fill in for a guy who cooked chicken at a charity golf event. He got sick and couldn't be there. He had a rep for having some of the best chicken around. I stepped in and killed it. People went crazy for the food I was putting out. People started asking if I had a catering business and that got the ball rolling. Got the licenses needed to start up and went at it. Bought a large Santa Maria style grill, an FEC-100 and started small. We are still small as my partner and I work full time for an oil company, but we get enough business to buy new equipment and it pays for itself. We only do private gigs and no vending. Biggest gig to date was 500 people for a church function and our average gig is about 80-125 people. Our best gig is for a local golf course. We cater a lunch for the staff a coupe times a year and cater their Christmas party. They pay us and give us a membership to the course. Nothing beats free golf!
18.5" WSM, XL BGE, UDS, 22.5" Weber OTS (x2) 22.5" Weber Performer, Traeger BBQ075 (x2), Yoder YS640, Bayou Classic Cypress Grill
bproffer is offline   Reply With Quote