View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #87
daninnewjersey
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
Okay, didn't realize you were that far from the game. I'm curious to see the reaction after it's all said and done. From what I've read the tailgating restrictions are pretty tight. I'm down here in Louisiana and I'm not sure if our media is making a bigger deal than what it really is but all last week and this week the "news" has been how the secondary market is way down compared to previous SB's.
I'm about 2 hours from the game and you won't catch me anywhere near the place. NO TAILGATING on stadium grounds, extremely limited parking (at $150 per spot no less), and just an all around pain in the ass to attend...not to mention CANNED beer will go for between $12-$15 PER 12 OZ CAN. New Jersey is getting our first...and most likely LAST...chance at hosting this game.

I'll be sitting on my warm couch cooking a sh*t load of BBQ with friends and drinking beer that won't cost me my first born....

From NJ.com.... http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.s...wl_pricey.html
"....There will be no drop-off spots for the Super Bowl and people won’t be able to walk to the game, Kelly said. To get onto the Meadowlands complex, vehicles will need a parking pass, and limousines and buses will also need to stay on the premises during the game, he said.
Along with that $150 parking spot will be stringent rules and tailgate restrictions unrecognizable to Jets and Giants fans during regular-season games.
"You’ll be allowed to have food in your car and have drink in your car, and provided that you are within the boundaries of a single parking space, you’ll be able to eat or drink right next to your car," Kelly said. "However, you’re not going to be able to take out a lounge chair and you’re not going to be able to have a grill and you’re not going to be able to take up more than one parking space. And it will all be watched very carefully..." In other words....fun, fun, fun.....

Thanks from:--->