View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 06:28 AM   #1
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default I am hurt by BRITISH BBQ SOCIETY. www.bbbqs.com

Re: Automatic Temperature Control
Postby Nick 20 Feb 2013, 11:06
I'm ready to get lynched for even suggesting this, but has anyone had experience with the Chinese-made "Golden Dog/Tiger/Dragon/Ferret" type ATC on eBay? The price is very tempting - although so are the 50 AA batteries for 1 down the market.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATC-Automa...item20cedd9224

I know his smoke generator has been mentioned on here before - as a fire hazard, hence my main concern. They have pretty good reviews on BBQ-Brethren (but said reviewers, I believe, got a discount).

I'd like to buy an ATC but can't really afford a new one from the US with shipping!
ProQ Frontier, Pitmaster IQ, Maverick Wireless, Blooma WestPoint (B&Q Cheapo) Gas BBQ... That's it for now....
Nick
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Swindon_Ed 20 Feb 2013, 11:48
Steer well clear of this guy!!!

He was selling a wood pellet smoker & conversion kit for UDS's before and i heard on one of the big US bbq forums that someone bought one and it exploded, sending parts of the smoker ft!!!

If this is the evidence of his previous work i'd steer well clear of his future efforts.

There are plans available on line for making your own which i know an few people have. They work very well and i would advise looking this up if cost is an issue.
www.bunchofswines.com
www.facebook.com/bunchofswines
Authorised Reseller of Backwoods Smokers for the UK
Swindon_Ed

Postby Nick 20 Feb 2013, 11:58
Swindon_Ed wrote:
Steer well clear of this guy!!!

He was selling a wood pellet smoker & conversion kit for UDS's before and i heard on one of the big US bbq forums that someone bought one and it exploded, sending parts of the smoker ft!!!

If this is the evidence of his previous work i'd steer well clear of his future efforts.

There are plans available on line for making your own which i know an few people have. They work very well and i would advise looking this up if cost is an issue.

Thanks for the confirmation, Ed. As I say I'd question the bias of reviews if they're recieving money (effectively). Might have a look at making my own/getting a second hand one. Or just do it the old fashioned way until I have a problem!
ProQ Frontier, Pitmaster IQ, Maverick Wireless, Blooma WestPoint (B&Q Cheapo) Gas BBQ... That's it for now....
woodpelletsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote