View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #34
Ron_L

This is an official entry (amidoinitrite?)

Parsley Lady requested grilled chicken sandwiches for dinner, so who am I to refuse her.

Then I remember that it was -2 outside with a wind chill of about -15 So, I fired up the Saber gasser, put on my winter coat, hat and gloves and ran out and tossed a couple of chicken chests on the grill and ran back in. Repeat once again to flip them and repeat yet again to add cheese, toast the buns and bring it all in. I didn't even think about taking my phone or camera out in that cold . So, no action shots.

But, I do have this...

This is my entry picture ^^^^

Now some details... I marinated the chicken chests in Frontera Grill's Three Citrus Garlic marinade. I'm a fan of Chef Rick Bayless and I haven't found any of his Frontera Grill products that I didn't like, and this marinade is very good. I let them sit in the marinade for about 4 hours and then tossed (OK, probably more like threw and ran) then on the grill until the internal temp was about 145. Then I tossed on some co-jack cheese for Parsley Lady and some Buffalo Hot Pepper Cheddar for me. Once the cheese was melted I let the chicken rest while I gave the pretzel buns, brushed with bacon grease, a quick toast on the grill.

The sandwich itself has a toasted pretzel bun, fresh guacamole, the chicken breast with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and more guacamole.

One the side I added some fresh tortilla chips from a local market, more guac, and some Holy Smokes BBQ Pickles (available through Brethren owned thebbqsuperstore.com).

The sandwich did not suck!

And yeah, I made a chicken sandwich...

*** BBQ Brethren Chicago Area Picnic is scheduled! Saturday, August 19th! Spread the word!!!

The Naked Fatty!

3x Hunsaker Cans/Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->