View Single Post
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #6
BrewerDJ
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

OK, so we got the brisket on this morning at 8:45am. Last night I trimmed the brisket up and injected it. It started at 15.5lb. I am not sure what the post trimming weight was. The meat seemed very tender. The odor of the brisket seemed fine but there was a slight aroma that reminded me a little of prosciuto. Not very strong but there. I injected it with about a quart of chicken stock (I was out of beef stock) mixed with some FAB B that I had left over from last year. I then put it in a bag and left it in the fridge over night. This morning I made up my rub (1 cup kosher salt, 1 cup butcher black pepper, 1/2 cup cumin). For Sh*ts & Giggles I measured the marinade that was in the bag. about 1.5 cups so the brisket held about 2.5 cups.

BTW, this was the 1st time I injected the brisket in the kitchen, Usually an outside job. And it will be from now on. I didn't realize how far the squirts go when they come out of brisket. I hit the fridge with one 4 feet away. Shot myself it the face 2 or 3 times. But good thing I am a dog guy not a cat guy. Barley was happy to clean the floor for me.

So I rubbed up the brisket with about 1.5 cups of rub and into the smoker it went. Going to try and keep the pit at 350F. this is the 1st time I'm cooking the brisket in a pan. Usually go right on the rack. I have a water pan in the pit for moisture and a heat buffer. I've only done Hot & Fast once before. And the dripping went in the water pan...and there a small secondary fire but that was handled and the brisket was good. So were trying trying to keep the dripping in the brisket pan.

Brisket1.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brisket1.jpg (189.7 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by BrewerDJ; 01-19-2014 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: photo issue, resolved..
BrewerDJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->