View Single Post
Unread 01-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #50
scayne62
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Official Entry, (never entered one so WTH)

My First Brisket.

I decided to dive in and try my first brisket, I started out with a 5.5 lb full packer my BIL brought over from the cow they purchased. I trimmed it up and injected it with a little beef broth, Tiny bit of FRH, garlic, and Worcester. Next I rubbed it down with S&P, Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and a tiny bit of cayenne and covered it up and let it sit in the fridge overnight for the cook on Saturday. HE also brought a couple beef ribs they had thawed out by accident and I rubbed them down with Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria. I Fired up the UDS about 8:15 a.m. and let her settle in around 275-300 and threw on the brisky and beef ribs around 9 a.m. I let the beef ribs cook until about noon and we pulled them off and snacked on them for lunch, at 1:30 I wrapped the brisket up in Foil and added a little beef broth and threw it back on the pit. I got side tracked and about 3:45 I checked on it and it probed like butta so I pulled it off and put it in a cooler for dinner. Rested until around 5:30, pulled it off and sliced it up. All in all it had an amazing flavor, I think it could have been more moist as I think I over cooked it just a smidgen, I could not have missed the perfect window bu 30 minutes most. It did not fall apart but it also did not bend like I have learned means I nailed it but everyone loved it and it was not dried out so I will call this first brisky a success.

Rubbed and ready for smoke.

Wrapping it up to finish it off.

Sliced and ready to eat

Plated with Smoked mac n cheese and some veggies.

Please use this ^^^^^^as my official entry photo.