View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #41
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

My official I don't know what I'm doing TD entry.

I really don't know what the TD is, I thought it was about marshmallows but apparently its not but I knew the potential for a fun entry was there.
I really wanted to do ribs but been there done that and I'd probably get a Dilly Bar which really isn't a bad thing and could be fun.
Then I saw a thread, several actually titled my ribs taste like Ham. I thought to myself hmmmm, I don't think I've ever made ribs that tasted like ham.
That's when it hit me, "Fark that hurts" I said.
So began my quest to make HammyBack Ribs.

It started with the basic brine from the book Charcuterie by Ruhlman and Polcyn it soaked for just short of 24 hours.

Then I soaked and rinsed them off and put on a rack in the fridge overnight to equalize. Before going on the smoker I studded it with some cloves, it is a ham after all.

I needed a glaze for these farkers so I used Deguerre's Ham glaze sans HDD, glazed and pineappled at 141*

The racks on the sides of the HammyBacks are insurance in case of a total fail so we don't starve.

I've never done any of this before and I was worried if the ribs were brine'd long enough, are they gonna be too salty or just plain nasty. I ended up with HammyBack Ribs!!!!

Total success!! Not too salty tasted like ham and was cured all the way through.

So then I thought "Fark!! now what", so I just sliced some off the bones.

Then it hit me again, this time I was ready for it and it didn't hurt as much as the first time. I thought hmmmm.... I've never poached an egg or made hollandaise sauce, I have however toasted an English muffin before.

Vote pic below please.

I was very pleased how it all turned out thanks for looking and more important thanks for putting up with my senseless dribble.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller
CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns
When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man
Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->