THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Butz Hot
Big Butz regular
Big Butz Cranberry
Blueshog Tennessee Red
Are the commercial sauces I like the most.

Homemade recipes that I like
JMoney's Red (very close to Blueshog Tennessee Red)
Shack Attack Sauce

My own.:oops:
Sweetness is like pulling a curtain across the whole show so I haven't found a sauce that makes me happy yet.
Exclusions would be spicy and vinegar sauces.

I am with ya Buccs most all store bought sauces here contain high fructose corn syrup and are too sweet for my liking.

Not big on sweet, I prefer vinegar based with a slight kick. Before I started making my own I would say hands down Stubbs bbq sauce. This is in Louisiana so I'm not sure if they have it in the sunshine state

Stubbs is here and good too, I agree

Shack Attack or Blues Hog Tennessee Red.

If the meat is good, I don't really use sauce.

Oh yeah. Big Butz is also a go to.

Me neither but need some for guests, I like big butts though! :laugh:

I really like the sauce in Myron Mixon's book for Cupcake Chicken. Its great on everything. His Vinegar Sauce is also great on pork and chicken.

Thanks, I might have to check that out!

Blues Hog (Original and Tennessee Red mixed), Cowtown (Oklahoma Joe's)

I like these. But sub out the Original Blues Hog with the Blues Hog Smoky Mountain and thin it even further with a little beer if it is too sweet for you. I have been using a version of this as a glaze more than a sauce and it works very well for chicken and ribs. I don't sauce my brisket so I dunno about that. I also have been liking the Southern style KC Masterpiece to play around with. It's super cheap and is a nice thinner.

Blues Hog (Original and Tennessee Red mixed), Cowtown (Oklahoma Joe's) and Galaxie (made in Smithville, Mo... tastes a little like the Blues Hog mix)

I do the same thing with Blues Hog. For some reason mixing the two just makes it more magical.

This is my go to good on Everything BBQ sauce

Blackjack BBQ Sauce

.A fiery red chile-spiced, coffee and tomato-based barbecue sauce.

Ingredients:

1 cup strong coffee
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups onions, chopped
4 tablespoons chopped red chile peppers
6 garlic cloves, minced

Directions:

In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine coffee, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, cider vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, chopped onions, finely chopped red chile peppers, and minced garlic cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
Process in a blender or food processor until smooth. Refrigerate.

Makes about 4 cups.

I like Bone Suckin Sauce from North Carolina. This stuff is my go to sauce when I buy store bought. The sauce has been around for 20 years and is sold in over 60 countries. It has no high fructose corn syrup in it either.

I tend to think that BBQ sauce is to hide the fact that you screwed up a cook.

That said, I've spent lots of time screwing up cooks and have had occasion to use several sauces. The only sauce that I use just a touch on about any non-beef is a home made thin Carolina vinegar sauce; I'll use it to mix just a touch with pulled pork and it enhances the meat flavor but is very subtle.

I really dislike smoke flavored sauces ever since I learned how to smoke meat.

That said, I love the sauce from my local rib joint, The Patio, which has liquid smoke in it. I grew up on the stuff, so please forgive me.

Love Open Pit on fried fish.

There is also one that I pick up every year at the Wisconsin State Fair's Pork Board Booth called Powers BBQ Sauce. This is the sauce they supply with the pork chop sandwiches. I think that they are a candy making outfit but I really like their sauce.

I find it strange that everyone in my family but me likes mine best!

Another vote for Stubb's Original Spicy here. Again, don't usually Q with it, more as a side sauce...

Back