View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #33
bander7003
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I too and trying to get in shape this year. I've been exercising -- eliptical in the morning (most mornings) and walking stairs at work (I work on the 16th floor). That helps, but more than anything, I've been tracking what I eat and using portion control. That has been very effective so far. Turns out I may be a pig that likes to eat too much. When I do even a little bit of exercise, I am more focused on what I eat so that I have a "good" diet day.

I still BBQ and make the other stuff I like, the way I like to make it. I just have smaller portions and no seconds. I also have a hard rule not to eat after 8pm each night. That cut out my late night desserts. I've also established Sunday as a "cheat" day if I've had a good week. I still exercise on Sunday, but that is my day to have whatever I want (e.g., mac n cheese, beer, etc.). I typically smoke on Sunday too, so that works well for me. It's a red meat, cheese and beer day for me. I really enjoy the positive results from the exercise and dieting, but I do need to "blow off some steam" every once in a while. I already feel much better, have lost 7#s and have only been at this for a couple of weeks.

Klose 24x50 BYC
Backwoods Fatboy
Weber Kettle
Rock Chalk Jayhawk Blue Thermapen
Weber Gasser (out of gas)
bander7003 is offline   Reply With Quote