View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #33
aawa
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
OK.....I have NEVER heard of this. But, I'm seriously excited about it!! I've never been offered nor received a rain check.
The trick to obtaining rain checks for meat is when there is a killer sale on the item go in the evening. Most people will have cleared out the meat for that day. Go to the service counter and tell them that you were looking for the item and it was out. They will write the raincheck for you. It shouldn't have an expiration date, but it will have the limitations of whatever the sale was (if limit 2 it will carry into the raincheck)

I also have rainchecks for spareribs from Foodlion as well for $1.19/lb. I used to have a couple buy one get one free rainchecks on baby backs from Harris Teeter. But I used them when they dropped the price for BB's to $1.99/lb so I paid $.99/lb on 6 racks of BBs.

I am all about getting meats that are onsale as I BBQ 2-3 times a week. My wallet isn't as thin as it should be since I'm always bargain shopping for meats.