View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
somebody shut me the fark up.

What are you cooking on now? If youíre looking at a Lang 84 or a Meadow Creek TS 250 you must be cooking on something smaller. Given that a move up to one of those cookers is a big step up. Both of these can hold a large amount of meat and can easily cook a nice size hog. I put a little over 40 Pork Butts on my 84 with no problem.
A 108 is a gigantic cooker which in my opinion is way too big for most people as is a Dual Lang 84. I believe these are best used when cooking for events where large quantities are needed. In saying that, the events would have to be somewhat frequent but not continuous as these like all stick burners require attention and feeding ever 30 to 40 minutes which can be exhausting on regular bases. Furthermore, Stick Burners do not fit the model of Set It and Forget It. If you like loading the cooker with meat and not tending the fire a Stick Burner is not for you. I suggest that you find some of the Brethren on the Island that have Langs and check them out in person so you know what you are getting into.

Below you can see my Lang 84 and my Large Spicewine with two of it's 4 Racks Loaded up with Pork Butts. I ended up having 3 of the Spicewines racks filled with Pork Butts as that's all I had.

Slamdunkpro suggested a Spicewine on a trailer. This is a great option as it turns out great product, holds a ton of meat and is about as Set It and Forget It as it gets for a Charcoal Cooker. If you speak to Jay regarding the quantity of meat that you plan to cook Iím sure he will be able to help you and suggest a size that works. He may even suggest building a custom size unit for you.

Whatever you do, you need to have a very clear plan as to how your cooker will be used so you can get the best bang for the buck.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-11-04 01.18.54.jpg (82.1 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-04 18.53.45.jpg (74.5 KB, 250 views)

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 36" Griddle

Last edited by BBQ_MAFIA; 01-06-2014 at 08:31 PM..
BBQ_MAFIA is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->