View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #1
daninnewjersey
Babbling Farker

Default Wally World brisket with nice flat

Decided late last week I needed to do some brisket practice over the weekend. Took a cruise out to the local Walmart to see what they had available. Usually they have 4-5 available. Well, to my surprise sitting in the way back of the shelf was this beauty. It was love at first sight. I took my new 13 pound bundle of joy home as fast as I could.

Trimmed of some of her baby fat, she received a decent coating of black pepper and kosher salt. She then went into my preheated drum smoker (no temp gauge on the smoker since I stepped on it a few weeks ago) which had 2 of her 3 vents open. about 5 hours later I took her out since she felt right (using hands only not a probe). However, when I probed her inside the house I realized the flat wasn't done enough. I wrapped her in paper and gave her another hour or so. She then probed perfectly so she came out for a cool down rest on the counter. Started slicing and was pretty happy with the results....very juicy, tender, and not too much smoke. Thanks for checking her out....

Last edited by daninnewjersey; 09-05-2017 at 08:46 AM..
daninnewjersey is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->