Sorry for the lack of updates. I had to take a break from things for a while before I lost my mind.
Thankfully, things are moving in the right direction. Unfortunately, at quite a significant cost. Met with the contractor doing the exhaust work yesterday and finally got the final quote. Farking $5k to get everything installed above and beyond code just to make the damn inspector happy. That was NOT in the budget, and being months behind schedule, it's really squeezed the operating cushion I had set aside.
The only good news is this contractor is incredibly sympathetic and is doing everything he can to get us open. He ordered all the parts on Friday and put me ahead of all his other current projects and said he will have a crew come out as soon as everything is in and knock it out in a day or less, and even talk to the inspector to get him out there the same day to approve it. His current estimation is mid to late next week, but wouldn't you know it, we're having the blizzard of the decade over the next few days, so knowing how things have been going thus far, I'm sure that will delay things. I've already accepted that.
And I think bubba stopped by as I found a pork mafia business card in the door today.