View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #70
Arristillius
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
I just when it when these guys come in and start the whole process again, thereby selling more PBCs in the process. This guy speaks about the PBCS the same way other novices do. They either tried one and can't cook worth a chit onit because their talent is limited, or they are armchair theorists who dream of how it MIGHT work and what might go wrong. The guy delineating the difference between a pit and a cooker is about as silly too. Look as many know I hated this thing when it came out and theorized just like the other morons that it was or was not like the UDS.. Which is a silly argument too. And I used to make it.

Now everyone if you see my films can see I was impressed with what it could do. Any limitations it had I OVERCAME BECAUSE I AM A PIT... MASTER!!!!

it's is what we do... We cook meat. It's about the meat. The equipment matters not.

I can tell you one thing my UDS couldn't do... One.. Unless I mod it to BE a PBC, IT CANNOT cook the three racks of ribs, six chickens and 14 tenderloins and six links sausage I did for a little supper at my moms house. I staggered those puppies over a mere 5 hours and was relaxed, visited, didn't worry about nothin as it cooked. AND MY UDS WON'T FIT IN A CAR TRUNK.

Look I don't care if people buy the PBC... I just want more people like this guy to chime in.. Get everyone pissy... Then pounce on everyone's pig pile so more get sold.

The PBC IS ALSO I curse. One can see in my video UNDERTAKER I am making that message when I flood the PBC WITH 3000 gallons of water.

That was sort of the point I was making, it is a fine extra pit or second pit, but a horrible beginner choice in my opinion, I was able to help my buddy turn out a decent brisket and he has had success with chicken, but as an absolute beginner I think the PBC was a bad choice, and it is sold as an amazing game changer, and having used it I just don't see it as such, sure you could play tetris and pack stuff in but don't try and tell me you can't do that on a uds, I have some meat hooks and they work fine to hang things from under a standard grate, might make the grate heavy but that is what good leather gloves are for.

Of course I am no expert pit master, that should be obvious, but I can turn out good results on my drum and kettle, and I have hung sausage and chicken from below the grate while a brisket cooked above, I don't believe you couldn't pack more in a uds if you applied the same creativity you applied to the PBC loading.

Thing is there is nothing special about the "PBC" it is simply a 30 gallon drum with a couple extra holes for rebar to fit in.

I agree with your comment about calling it a cooker / smoker, if this is a cooker my drum is a cooker, because again the only difference is the rebar / hole for rebar.
Arristillius is offline   Reply With Quote