View Single Post
Unread 01-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #66
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arristillius View Post
For me the money isn't the issue, the $269 may be a fair price, but I don't consider the Pit-barrel Cooker to be on par with other pits offered around that price point, the air-vent setup that isn't designed to be altered on a per cook basis is only one of my complaints, but I could live with that if it wasn't for the hanging setup.

the hook system at first glance seams like a novel way to solve the limited space available in the smaller barrel, but how do you probe to see if a brisket is done without burning yourself? do you take out the whole brisket, probe and return? a few times I Have over cooked and had a brisket falling apart while coming off the grate, how would that work on hooks?

One method is to use a maverick probe stick it in the meat, stick in the hooks and hang it and then just go off temp or time, but with the meat hanging I can't probe it easily, and I can't see if its done, as I don't go by temp and time, the briskets my friend has cooked with my assistance have been decent but not awesome and it is a pain to take stuff off, wrap it, hang it and return it if you wanted to wrap, and I generally get the best results from a brisket wrapped when the bark is good, with the meat hanging it is hard to even see the bark to judge.

Having now cooked on both I wouldn't wish a PBC on anyone, unless it was a second cooker for an experienced cook, of course this is just my opinion.

If you must have a pre-built cooker because you can't build a UDS, why not put an extra 40 bucks in and get a WSM 18.5 inch, especially if it is your first cooker, and you are new to bbq.
http://www.amazon.com/Weber-721001-S...ef=pd_sbs_lg_1

You would gain a temp gauge, multiple grate levels, and adjustable temp. and a design that is actually friendly to a new cook.
I just when it when these guys come in and start the whole process again, thereby selling more PBCs in the process. This guy speaks about the PBCS the same way other novices do. They either tried one and can't cook worth a chit onit because their talent is limited, or they are armchair theorists who dream of how it MIGHT work and what might go wrong. The guy delineating the difference between a pit and a cooker is about as silly too. Look as many know I hated this thing when it came out and theorized just like the other morons that it was or was not like the UDS.. Which is a silly argument too. And I used to make it.

Now everyone if you see my films can see I was impressed with what it could do. Any limitations it had I OVERCAME BECAUSE I AM A PIT... MASTER!!!!

it's is what we do... We cook meat. It's about the meat. The equipment matters not.

I can tell you one thing my UDS couldn't do... One.. Unless I mod it to BE a PBC, IT CANNOT cook the three racks of ribs, six chickens and 14 tenderloins and six links sausage I did for a little supper at my moms house. I staggered those puppies over a mere 5 hours and was relaxed, visited, didn't worry about nothin as it cooked. AND MY UDS WON'T FIT IN A CAR TRUNK.

Look I don't care if people buy the PBC... I just want more people like this guy to chime in.. Get everyone pissy... Then pounce on everyone's pig pile so more get sold.

The PBC IS ALSO I curse. One can see in my video UNDERTAKER I am making that message when I flood the PBC WITH 3000 gallons of water.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote