View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #889
MaxBobcat
Knows what a fatty is.

My family photos:

My first Weber product was the 22 WSM, but my first kettle was a 2013 Green OTG. Then I purchased the 83 brownie from WKC member cb4004. Then came the Lime Green SJ and the blue OTG. This was about the time the girlfriend started getting worried. ;)
Then the Red Daisy-Wheeler was purchased at an estate sale that Bman helped me find. Later I got a Plum SS Performer that I scored on Craigslist. A few weeks after that, glrasmussen was nice enough to be an agent for me on an 18 inch MBH faded black. Below is some before/after pictures of the 70's faded black 18" and my '83 Brownie 22".
BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

During this time I've had two other SS Performers slip in and out of my possession. My Plum SS with gas I traded to MINIGrillin for a Red SS Performer with gas. They were both great grills and I definitely had both of them for too short of a time. They both cooked up some good rib-eyes for me while I had them. ;D

I decided though that I liked the look and simplicity of the standard SS Performer and found a guy to trade for my gas SS. I even got a Go-Anywhere out of the deal too! My new SS is in even better shape and is my every-day cooker now. I even added some new wooden handles on top.

Cheers!
MaxBobcat is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->