View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
CharredApron
Babbling Farker

Default Welcome to the House of Flavors

Welcome to "La maison des saveurs" a Culinary Retreat in the South of France~ Featuring French Cooking, Butchery & Charcuterie. Monthly Culinary Tours of the surrounding terroir, wine tastings, European KCBS style cooking Classes, True Farm to Table Experiences with an emphasis on Sustainablity.

Check in frequently for updates as I chronical the latest events and milestones towards our Grand Opening scheduled for Fall of 2014.
As many of you already know, my wife and I are moving to France this January. We will be setting up a tour service based in the Languedoc-Roussillian region of France, the largest wine producing region in the Country. We will also be conducting KCBS Competition cooking classes and so far, we are the first Comp Team to register with KCBS from France.
As a continual offering, our tour service will host a maximum of 8 guests and the objective is to meet with our guests in the morning to plan the evenings meal. We will then visit the local Butchers, Bakers, Produce Growers, Cheese Makers, etc to shop for the ingredients necessary to prepare the predetermined meal. At the end of the day we will all gather in the kitchen to cook dinner and sample some of the fruits of our labor.
We are building our own version of Kitchen Stadium in the lower level of our home located in Ventenac en Minervois. I am shipping over my new stick burner that Paul aka TuscaloosaQ recently built for me and my Vision Kamado as well as a few OTG's to round out the mix. Plans are in the works now to build a large smoke house and a Wood Fired Oven for pizzas and bread making as well.
Our Cook Team the "Sultans of Sting" will compete in May in Hasselt, Belgium and again June 7th in Amsterdam at the Tony Stone Low and Slow.

Thanks for looking and we look forward to seeing you in France,

Jed

The Canal Du Midi is a stones throw from our back yard!

Stop by the local Chateau and buy 3 litres of wine for $5.00 it's cheaper than gas!

Pick some grapes so sweet!

Skiing in nearby Andora

Walk until your hearts content!

Take a dip in the pool while the smokers hot!

Catch a falling moon over the olive trees.

"Tushka" The Black Warrior 24 x 50 offset by TuscaloosaQ, "Libby the Lion" L5000 gasser, and "Vanessa" my Vision Kamado Pro III & "Ruprecht" my Weber Gold OTG, Omar the WGA, and Sophia my WFO
Member KCBS, FBA, CBJ, and Founder French Bbq Association www.kcbs.fr
CharredApron is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->