View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #36
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampus View Post
The plan for Christmas Eve dinner with Mrs. Wampus's family has to be a little different this year. Normally, I do a whole prime rib roast, but this year we don't have the time. We'll be attending mass together about 4:00 and I'll have to cook it up after mass.

SO......I was thinking whole beef tenderloin.
My local butcher has them for $7.99/lb (which seems like a pretty good price).
May even do TWO (depending on how many mouths I'll be feeding).

Early thoughts were just to make an herb and cracked peppercorn crust on it and do a reverse sear on the BGE. May even start it (them) on the UDS and sear on the Egg at the end (so I can get the egg SCREAMIN hot for the sear). Figured going until an IT of about 110-115 and then sear it so it ends up around 125-130 IT, rest and slice.

Thinking coriander seed, rosemary, whole (cracked) peppercorn, garlic, kosher salt to start with for the herb crust.

Just thought I'd get the Brethren's take on how they'd go about this.
Any ideas?
That's a nice cut ya got there, I definitely would not go crazy on seasonings or overthink it. Great quality ingredients shine with simple preparations. Olive oil, fresh cracked black pepper, and sea salt. You could grill it whole and if you have lots of people to feed run it through a slicer nice and thin after cooked.
Here is a video explaining how I grill whole tenderloins....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnCDkQ8dAQQ

TailgateJoe.com -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party
FEC120
Weber Ranch Kettle
22.5 WSM
OTG 22.5
Crown Verity MCB72 72in grill, MCB48 48in grill
16x7 v-nose Haulmark cargo trailer with hd directv
If you are looking for the BEST commercial grade gas/propane grills let me know!
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->